Thursday, February 24, 2011

To You From Me

From the Heart.

This I'm aware is a bit dated but I thought it was still worthy of sharing.
About a month ago on MLK Day my very good friend Kevin Luong from Kevin Luong Illustration and I decided to take on a special mission.

For those of you who are unfamiliar I spent the last three months interning at a printing company.During our last month we decided to give a little back to those less fortunate.The mission was to create one hundred brown bag lunches to give to the homeless people down in skid row.

I'm sure we are familiar with the common brown bag lunch, and how plain it can be.So Kevin and I decided to spice things up a bit. I had this idea that once these people received there homemade lunches they would eat it and then have nothing left to remind them of the day.Sure they would have their memory of it but I wanted to go that extra mile and make that much more special.I thought if they had something tangible, something they could keep in memory then it would achieve just that.I went a step further and decided it would mean even more if it was handmade.So in result I decided to make one hundred individual tags all watercolored in different shades saying enjoy.I wanted to remind those who received the lunches that there are people out there that still care.
I shared this special vision with Kevin and he helped me achieve just that.

One Hundred, Personalized, Handmade Tag for each of the lunches sent out.
Enjoi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment