Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Para Mis Abuelitos


Con Mucho Cariño
These past few weeks my most beautiful and adoring grandmother has been visiting us in sunny side so california from her even sunnier beautifully pleasant home in Puerto Vallarta. I can't even begin to describe or put into words what this woman means to me. I just find it so hard to express what I feel in words that I simply can do nothing else but smile and giggle to myself. She truly is my everything, I hold her so incredibly close to my heart that when she isn't visiting a find it quite difficult to not think about her every moment of my day.

This visit I decided to continue on this little tradition that I started at the age of 3. Growing up my parents sent me off each summer to go stay with my grandparents, thus resulting in this incredibly strong bond. Each visit I would make my grandmother a flower. A few years back I stumbled upon and book in my grandmothers dresser and there they laid each paper flower I had made her throughout the years. Each one progressively getting better as each year passed. This year at the age of 22, although I stopped visiting at the age of 13 I decided to bring the tradition back to life. And so my grandmothers favorite, gardenias.


Ah yes and we mustn't forget my grandmother papochini, aka grandpa, a rooster. Because according to my grandmother "Grandpa likes roosters!." So there you have it a most endearing looking rooster.


No comments:

Post a Comment